Wednesday, June 11, 2014

MY CAMERA & MY DREAM




When  looking back…..the smile emerges,  the ear to ear grin, along with a sense of wonderment at how what seemed like a simple decision had indeed  paved  the way of my future, provided me the full expression of my creative ability and enhanced every day I’ve lived on this wonderful earth. 
Some years ago, with the world at my feet, it was the calling of the camera that summoned and propelled me into the world of professional photography. I remember when I started this wonderful profession, it was like I had no future, as in I was walking into a field that had no relevance making me look like an “ NFA”( meaning –One with No Future Ambition) but today, the story has changed because I feel like my profession is the most relevant field in the world; YES! It is. When events come and go, although there might have been a lot of merry making that would have gulped a lot of money, but the money expended is not what makes the event relevant days, weeks, months or even years after ; it is the photographs taken and produced into various forms that make it count and worthy to look back to. In order words, photography keeps the memory alive. Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have snapped is captured forever . . . it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
       Back in those days, photography was meant to be learnt by illiterates and semi-literates because it was seen as a trade and not a profession and just like the popular saying “if education is expensive, try ignorance”. So photography was more of ignorance.  But now, it’s meant for the elites because photography like any other profession has gone professional. Seriously, photography has gone from being a leisure kind of profession to a very serious, time and energy consuming and profession. Apart from the fact that its very challenging and creative, there are lots of business opportunities in the profession.  
In view of these, FOTOSERVE is planning to organize a 2 weekends of training for as many that would want to explore the art and science of photography either for leisure or/and business. This training will hold both in Ogun and Lagos state.
Details on the training will be announced soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment